Mindfulness and Well-Being in the Workplace
We offer courses and training in Mindfulness-based approaches to stress reduction and well being for businesses, organisations, charities, corporations and staff teams.
Discover how the powerful benefits of Mindfulness can help and support your business and employees.
There is no doubt that today’s work environment is a challenging place. We are hounded with external pressures and overwhelmed with information. We are continually asked to deliver more for less, to work longer hours and to have less personal time for the things that we love.
What’s the result? Exhaustion, lack of focus, increased mental and physical health complaints, stress and burnout. This can lead to poor job satisfaction, reduced morale and lower productivity.
Last year UK businesses lost £36 million due to absences. The cost of lower productivity stemming from employees who attend work even when ill (known as ‘presenteeism’) could be up to three times higher.
So how can Mindfulness help? Through this modern, accessible, low-cost system of stress reduction and simple awareness practices, we can develop our natural capacity for resilience, focus, creativity and a more positive outlook.
With practice, we can learn to calm our reactive and habitual ways of dealing with stress. We can learn to respond to difficult and challenging situations with more clarity and inner wisdom. And, we can develop an approach to work that allows us to stay healthy, stable and balanced, whilst getting the job done.
Some of the benefits of Mindfulness practices in the workplace are:
- Reduced stress
- Improved teamwork and co-operation
- More effective and compassionate leadership
- Increased emotional resilience,
- The capacity to be able to respond, rather than react
- Improved focus, concentration, memory
- Improved complex problem-solving and decision-making
- Increased general levels of happiness, health and well-being
Training is available in many different formats, and we will work closely with you to make sure that it is tailored to your individual requirements. We offer mindfulness taster sessions, short introductory courses and full 8-week training programmes. These courses and training programmes can be delivered across the whole of your organisation, or personalised to particular teams.
We also offer a range of other services, courses and training to support a more general approach to staff well-being and stress reduction.
Contact us HERE to discuss your requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
- “Dave Spencer’s mindfulness training for HIT has been a great success. Delivered with great passion, the feedback from participants is always unanimously positive.”– Professor Pat O’Hare – Director of ‘HIT’ Harm Reduction – hit.org.uk
- Dave Spencer was recommended to us for the Active Workforce Health and Wellbeing programme. We have worked regularly with Dave since then and we’ve had a great response and brilliant feedback from all the staff involved.”– Amy Barnes – Development Manager – Sefton Council ‘Active Workforce’
SOME OF OUR OTHER RECENT AND ON-GOING CLIENTS INCLUDE: